2011 Vigneto San Vito – Pignoletto Superiore -Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto DOC

The hills around the Medieval city Bologna in the Emilia Romagna, Italy are known for their beautiful vineyards. Vigneto San Vito produces a Pignoletto Superiore in the comune of Moteveglio.

Vigneto San Vito - Pignoletto Superiore 2011Their Pignoletto Superiore has the DOC quality assurance. A total of 10000 bottles have been manufactred of the 2011 vintage. The cuvée consists of 90% Pignoletto, 5% Chardonnay and 5% Sauvignon-Blanc. 90% of the wine ages in stainless steel tanks whereas the remaining 10% ages in small & large oak barrels for six months. In the bottle this Pignoletto Superiore ages another three months. The grapes are grown with the rules of organic agriculture.

I enjoyed this bottle at Eataly’s Osteria del Vino e della Birra in Bologna where the wine was chilled to 10°C.

On the nose there were aromas of pineapple and lime. A bouquet which I wouldn’t describe as very intense or outstanding. Alcohol by volume is listed at 13%. After taking a sip, I tasted a slight note of pineapple and some minerals. The wine was fresh with a short-medium finish. There was a bit of acidity, too.

Culinary wise pasta dishes and prosciutto di parma goes well with the Pignoletto Superiore.

Pignoletto Superiore DOC from Vigneto San Vito retails for 11.50€. At that price there are better options available. Nevertheless this is a good refreshing summer wine. I only recommended it to people who enjoy to the Pignoletto grape.

1 comment on “2011 Vigneto San Vito – Pignoletto Superiore -Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto DOC”

  1. R. Schmidt-Boelcke Reply

    Wo gibt es Ihren Wein in Deutschland zu kaufen – wohnen in der Nähe von München PLZ 84323
    Grüße aus Tedesci-Land
    R. Schmidt-Boelcke
    Bergstr. 4
    D-84323 Massing

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.