Today, I start a new monthly theme: Mini-Reviews. I taste a bunch of wine each month that doesn’t make it into a dedicated post but because I want to share my tasting notes about these wines with you I came up with this new theme. These tasting notes are a little shorter than my regular ones. Each of them includes a Wine Searcher link that helps you find the wine (if available).
- 2012 Tenute Loacker – Atagis Gewürztraminer Alto Adige IGT: Color: Green-yellow. Nose: Intense with lots of spices and herbs, a bit of honey and minerals. Palate: Dry, oily, warm and quite bitter. Notes of licorice & herbs. Well-ballanced but complicated wine. Lingering, exciting finish Rating: 4/5 18€ find this wine
- 2009 Firriato – Quater IGT Sicilia: Color: Ruby-red. Nose: Tobacco, coocoa, cinnamon, black cherries. Palate: Full-bodied, dry. Notes of dark chocolate. Medium-long finish. Rating: 3.5/5 14€ find this wine
- 2008 Feudi di San Gregorio – Taurasi DOCG: Color: Purple-red. Nose: Intense, very spicy (Cinnamon, black pepper, vanilla). red cherries. Palate: Aggressive tannins, notes of licorice, cocoa and plums. Full-bodied and very dry. Medium-long finish. Rating: 3.5/5 23€ find this wine
- 2012 Don Lorenzo della Grillaia – Lugana DOC Color: Pale-yellow. Nose: Quite fruity. Lots of apricot and some flowers but not so intense. Palate: Dry, good acidity, quite warm (13% ABV). Very mineralic. Not a “traditional” Lugana. Rating: 3.5/5 10€ find this wine
- 2010 Tenute Loacker – Norital Pinot Nero – Alto Adige IGT. Color: Ruby-red. Nose: Closed with a little bit of red fruit Palate: Dry, crisp, fruit-forward (there was nothing but fruit here). Quite boring and overpriced. Rating: 2/5 18.30€ find this wine
- 2012 Le Buche – Coreno Toscana IGT. Color: Golden-yellow. Nose: Apple, flowers, quince. Palate: Dry, almost no acidity, salty. Notes of white pepper. No fruit, quite smooth. Lingering finish. Rating: 3/5 11€ find this wine
- 1997 Villa Spoiano – Vin Satno del Chianti DOC Color: amber-golden. Nose: candid fruit, smoke, honey. Palate: quite sweet. Notes of honey, dried apricot and dried oranges. Rather short finish. Rating: 3.5/5 find this wine
Have you tried one of these wines? If you did then please share your thoughts about them in the comment section below. That’s all for today. The glass is empty but a refill is on the way!